Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

Magazine Bowl/Cup

 I made this bowl-type thing out of rolled magazine pages that have been coiled up to make pretty little circles. I do not have a step by step tutorial on this project either, but I promise I will try to make one soon...these things take a long time to do but they are super cool looking! I got this idea from lovething on craftster.com here. I googled and youtubed all that I could about making almost anything with magazines to find a tutorial on how to do this exact project without any luck, but it has been over a year ago that I made this so you might be more successful than I was. Here are some pictures of the bowl/cup that I made and hopefully you can get an idea of how I made it.
Cut out magazine page and roll onto pencil/knitting needle from
the bottom left corner to the top right corner, glue end down.
I used 140 of these just for the sides alone.
Next flatten out a few of the "straws" and start coiling them around each other,
 gluing as you go, until you have the desired size for the base of your bowl/cup.

Next you want to start making smaller coils the same way you made the
base coil, but only using one "straw" per coil. Make sure you glue down the ends!

Now for the good part! Start adding the smaller coils to the base, gluing them  with
hot glue as you go around. It may be helpful to use some sort of drinking glass to shape
them to at first, just make sure you don't glue the coils to the glass. Add the coils until your
bowl/cup is the height you like...this is where I used 140 of the "straws"!! 
Pat yourself on the back and give yourself a highfive! You are finished!!
Now take a pretty picture and display your work of art.

I hope you like this and if you decide to try it on your own let me know! I would
 love to see everyone's versions as well so leave a link to your blog/photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments so feel free to share! If you have a blog please put the link in your comment, I LOVE checking out new blogs!